Skip to main content

Everyday Minerals Try Me Foundation Kit Medium

Medium Kit includes: Multi-Tasking Neutral Matte, Medium Beige Semi-Matte, Light Medium Original Glo, Medium Beige Neutral Intensive and Medium Semi-Matte. (Shown in that order)
  • Finally got my Everyday Minerals package. It got here sooner than expected. I just ordered it on Saturday night and received it on Thursday. Since I ordered some brushes and lucent powders during their summer sale. I might as well add a free sample kit. There were 2 colors I didn't get to try and I don't plan to individually buy specific colors I want again.

This kit gives a good variety of base that suits different undertones. If you are not sure what kind of undertone you have, then this will give you some neutral, warm, and cool base. Everyday Minerals is generous with their samples. Their mineral powder is fully packed into the little jars and it last for at least a week depending on how much you use.

For me, neutral colors seem to work best. Warm or cool always seem to give me a orange, yellow, or pink tint to my skin. That's why my skin only works well with Bare Minerals medium beige or Laura Mercier natural beige. 
Click to enlarge
Click to enlarge
What's good about this kit?
  • Free sample kit on every order. Just pay for shipping
  • 5 shades and 4 different formulas to try
  • Fully packed 1g jars
  • Lightweight finely milled powder
  • Small jars for short trips or touch-ups
  • Mix the colors together for a custom color
  • Vegan and does not contain harmful ingredients.
How are their formulas? (In my option)
Original glo has fine shimmery speckles in the powder which gives a glowy finish to the skin. This is good for a dewy luminous finish or for mature skin to brighten up your complexion. Semi-matte has some shimmer to it to, but it gives a more natural glow. I personally like this one. Matte is just a matte finish without any dewy glow. It is good for combination or oily skin. Intensive is also a matte finish with great oil absorbing power. This powder is kind of drying to me. It works well for someone who has oily skin or lives in humid areas.

How's the coverage? (In my opinion)
Despite the formulas, I think the coverage is sheer to medium depending on how many layers you put on. Layering this product on is kind of drying and cakes on my skin. The best way this product works for me is layering a little at a time. Sprinkle less than a pea size every time and buff it. It makes it less powdery and cakey, but it still cakes a bit towards the day. Make sure to moisturize before or else it will accentuate dry patches. With my Bare Minerals, it gives a medium to full coverage and I can conceal with more powder in specific areas. The Everyday Minerals one doesn't do the job for concealing scars and acne. It only help me even out my skin tone and cover minor flaws. I would probably use this over my tinted moisturizer or liquid foundation as a setting powder instead. With semi-matte or matte finish, my skin gets a bit of a glow as the day goes by when the oil of my skin mixes in.

Lasting power? (In my opinion)
This does not last all day. It does need touch-up if you have problem skin like me. Some of these formulas make my face shiny and oily. I find semi-matte or matte to work on my skin.
Some might find these colors oxidizing too.

My impression:
It's a good kit to try before making a purchase on a full size jar. I was frustrated trying to look for my perfect shade before, but I was glad they offer these kits to try because I'm definitely not a pro at looking for my right foundation. It's a lot of trial and error for me. Before I tried these without swatching it on my face. Instead I applied it on so it made my skin very orangey and yellow. Be sure to swatch it on your jawline to see what color blends into your skin. 

Left photo: Swatches from R-L Right photo: Swatches from L-R (Medium Beige Neutral blends into my skin)
Multi-Tasking Neutral Matte, Medium Beige Semi-Matte, Light Medium Original Glo, Medium Beige Neutral Intensive and Medium Semi-Matte.





  • My color?
  • Medium Beige Neutral. This color blends into my skin, but I feel that it's a bit darker than my skin. Mixing this with Medium Beige (lighter) would be more ideal. I emailed EM and they said Medium Beige should be comparable to Bare Escentuals medium beige.

Hope this is helpful and good luck to finding your shade.

  • Descriptions from Everyday Minerals:
  • Multi-Tasking Neutral – neutral undertones for medium complexions
  • Medium Beige – warm undertones for medium to olive complexions
  • Light Medium – beige neutral undertones for light to medium complexions
  • Medium Beige Neutral – neutral beige undertones for medium complexions
  • Medium – rosy cool undertones for light to medium complexions
CHOOSING YOUR FORMULA
Intensive Base is oil absorbing, perfectly matte and used for heavier coverage in humid climates. It is for those with oily complexions who want the look of matte.
Original Glo Base
 adds a luminous glow, with light coverage for your complexion. It is composed of natural light reflecting minerals for a sheer look, ideal for normal to dry complexions.
Matte Base is beautifully matte with full coverage for combination skin.
Semi-Matte Base creates a hydrating soft dewy complexion with medium coverage, while feeling creamy to the touch. 



Please check out Everydayminerals.com for their current samples and promo. They are subject to change.
I did not get paid to do this review. These are products I've brought and tried myself. 

Comments

  1. It is really hard to read your blog due to all of the ads that continually pop up and cover the articles. It's truly frustrating. I would've loved to read your opinion on the everyday mineral makeup but the ads are too much!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Josie Maran argan oil vs Acure argan oil

Everyday Minerals Base Foundation