Skip to main content

Josie Maran argan oil vs Acure argan oil




Josie Maran Argan Oil
A lightweight oil that can be used as a daily moisturizer or treatment for skin, hair, and nails.

What it does:
This 100% Pure Argan Oil is a legendary oil that's rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids, and grown organically in Morocco. With its multitasking benefits, Argan Oil can be used for many areas including hydrating and nourishing skin, as a daily moisturizer, skin treatment, treating spilt ends, and softening cuticles. It's gentle enough to use on all skin types and is believed to help with skin conditions including acne. Argan Oil easily absorbs into skin to give you a youthful, dewy glow, and has astonishing healing, conditioning, and antiaging properties to keep your skin and hair nourished and revitalized and to keep you looking beautiful from head to toe.

What else you need to know:
100% Pure Argan Oil is first cold pressed to ensure the best quality, highest-grade oil. It is housed in a recyclable glass bottle and purchased from women's cooperatives in Morocco to support their social and economic welfare. These cooperatives work within a UNESCO biosphere reserve that ensures the protection and reforestation of Argan trees.

Research results:
This product is clinically proven to improve skin hydration and skin elasticity after only four weeks. In just four weeks: Participants saw a visible reduction in coarse wrinkles and fine lines in the eye area, and more than 83% of women showed significantly improved skin hydration.

Acure Organics Argan Oil
A true skin Super Food! Incredibly rich in vitamin E, Essential Fatty Acids, and Proteins, Argan Oil helps fight lines, repair imperfections, minimizes scars + stretch marks; all while restoring texture, elasticity and tone. Lightweight and easily absorbed! This oil is often referred to as "liquid gold" so get yourself some beauty blind!


Our Argan Oil is 5 product in 1. Use it as a 


  • repairing facial serum
  • body + decollete massage oil
  • hair serum
  • hand + cuticle repair
  • soothes dry elbows + heels

It is vegan, sulfate free, cruelty free, paraben free, gluten free, PEG free, petroleum free, phthalate free, silicone free, and it won't clog pores. 100% Certified organic Argania spinosa (Argan Oil) by QAI

My thoughts and opinions on these products:
When I first saw Josie Maran's argan oil on Sephora.com I did some research and did some comparison shopping for alternative companies for better prices. Josie Maran's argan oil is quite pricey for the amount you get. I was able to get Josie Maran's Moroccan Getaway Travel Case - Argan Oil Infused Travel Essentials which they had for a limited time. It was a pretty good deal to try a bunch of her products in travel size. One of the items from that set was their travel size argan oil. I really like her company and her vision behind the company. I'm definitely going to purchase more of her other items in her line in the future.

One day I stumbled on the Acure argan oil at Whole Foods which was on a special skincare sale they were having. I believe I got it for around $12 and it was double the size of the Josie Maran travel size for about the same price. The Acure one has a hint of citrus smell to it. I read some reviews and said they didn't like it because of the smell. I assume it smells differently in every batch, but everyone has a different opinion on scents. It doesn't bother me since argan oil is nearly odorless once it's on. $1 of the purchase is donated to Bright Pink, a breast cancer non-profit organization. Their argan oil also is from a woman's cooperative in Morocco and is sustainably harvested to protect the argan tree.

I don't normally apply argan oil directly on my skin. I heat it up on my palms and then place it over my face and let the heat of my hands make it absorb into my skin. Sometimes I add a drop to my facial moisturizer to give a boost at night. I try not to use this during the day unless my skin is super dry because this can give you an oily face. Make sure you exfoliate regularly so you won't get clogged pores from using this. It works wonders during winter. I like this a lot better than jojoba oil which suppose to be lightweight as well. No wonder women call this oil liquid gold.

Josie Maran ($14 for 0.5 oz.) vs Acure ($14.99 for 1 oz.)

I will most likely repurchase Acure based on the price and amount you get. I'll probably give other companies a try once I'm out.

What I like about argan oil:

  • Lightweight 
  • Absorbs quickly into the skin 
  • Perfect to use all over the body, face, and hair 
  • So lightweight it can be used on your hair without being too greasy 
  • Haven't clogged my pores or caused acne, but I wouldn't say it'll heal it either

Comments

  1. I used and loved argan oil for awhile until I realized it was slowly clogging my pores. I stopped using it but my husband still uses it and really likes it - so much so that he always returns to it if he tries anything else. We used the Josie Maran brand at first, but after doing some searches found we could get the same quality for much cheaper. This is where we get ours: http://www.theposhpeddler.com/ (not affiliated). We usually purchase the two 2oz bottles for $32.95 & free shipping. Theirs is 100% pure organic, first cold pressed Argan. Anyway...if you end up liking the argan oil enough to use it for awhile it might be worth checking out some less expensive alternatives :-)

    Besides increased moisture do you notice any differences/improvements? Enjoyed your review!

    G. McG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed my review. Thanks for showing me another brand. That's a really good deal. I'll check it out when it runs out. I don't think I need another bottle for at least another year since I don't use it on a daily basis. I can see it slowly clogging pores. I have acne-prone skin so I only use it at night or unless my skin is super dry during winter or spring. Honestly I don't think there was any vast improvement other than the boost of moisturization. For the first few weeks of use, I used it every morning and night, I didn't really see any spectacular results with scars or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Informative and detailed article about Argan Oil UK

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Everyday Minerals Base Foundation

Everyday Minerals Try Me Foundation Kit Medium