Skip to main content

Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF15 Light

Description from Smashbox:
Our new lightweight, oil-free tinted moisturizer is packed with vitamins and anti-aging peptides for naturally radiant skin. The unique citrus honey moisturization technology nourishes as it absorbs excess oil throughout the day, and UVA/UVB SPF 15 guards against future damage so skin stays flawless and protected.
Pros:
  • Oil-free and lightweight 
  • With UVA/UVB SPF 15 
  • Sheer to minimal coverage 
  • Even my skin tone 
  • Works for my medium skin tone 
  • Doesn't make my face look shiny or oil 
  • Doesn't break me out 
  • For a fast makeup routine. 
  • Luminous and natural dewy glow 
  • Paraben, fragrance, and oil-free 
Cons:
  • Colors may be darker (Almost got medium online. When I saw it in the store I went with LIGHT since MEDIUM was really dark and it seem to work better on tan skin) 
  • May not work for oily skin 
TIP: Prime with foundation primer before applying moisturizer for a longer wear. I use about a pea size or a little more sometimes to cover my entire face. Sometimes I use my finger and blend it in. Then use the heat from my hand to lightly pat around take off some excess and really help it set onto the skin.

Color swatch: Light
Click to enlarge

My opinion:
Just as it is described. It is very lightweight for my combination skin. I love using this mainly during winter and any drier days. Being a sheer tinted moisturizer, it is not a foundation but could act as one to lightly cover minor imperfections or even skin tone. If you want a heavier coverage, use concealer to correct other flaws. I usually use a loose powder after to set the moisturizer and for additional coverage. Try using Smashbox Halo hydrating powder and buff that on. It creates a luminous finish and lasting glow throughout the day. I don't know if you can tell in the picture, but in the swatch I blended a thin layer of the tinted the moisturizer to the right. You can see a hint of luminosity when it hits the light.


Ingredients: DARK/LIGHT/MEDIUM:
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: 7.0% Octinoxate (2-Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate), 2.9% Zinc Oxide. OTHER INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/ Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Polysorbate 60, Squalane, Honey (Mel), Pectin, Lecithin, C20-22 Alcohols, C20-22 Alkyl Phosphate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Polysilicone-11, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Oligopeptide-10, Silica, Betaine, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ethoxydiglycol, Xanthan Gum, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Triethanolamine, Triethoxy Caprylylsilane, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tetrasodium EDTA. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).
Use Ebates and get 4% cash back for shopping at Smashbox.com
Free shipping on every order and free samples.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Josie Maran argan oil vs Acure argan oil

Everyday Minerals Base Foundation

Everyday Minerals Try Me Foundation Kit Medium