Skip to main content

Trader Joe's Spa Regenerating antioxidant moisturizing face lotion


Description based on the label:
Combines the antioxidant Ester C+, a collagen-stimulating and cell renewing formula. May help reverse sun damage and reduce appearance of fines lines.

Vitamin C makes this lotion gentle, yet powerful, as refreshing and rejuvenating as a day at the spa. It's a lean, light lotion that will leave your skin feeling smooth and refined, day or night. Ahhhhhh...

Instructions: After Cleansing, apply to face and neck using even, upward strokes.

Size: 4oz. / 113 g

For the first time I actually paid attention and took a few minutes in the skincare section in Trader Joe's and I found this. Normally, I skip that section since it's so small and I find Whole Foods with a better selection of skin care products. The price attracted me in the first price. I think it's around $5 or $6. A lot cheaper than The Body Shop Vitamin C skin care line and less ingredients. I was hoping it smell like Bliss triple oxygen +C energizing cream which smell like orange sorbet to me. This one is a bit heavier and the fragrance is a bit overpowering for me, but it's still a good moisturizer to use for repairing sun damages or as a daily moisturizer. I can't say it reverse anything for me.

Pros:
  • Inexpensive moisturizer 
  • Doesn't clog my pores 
  • Light-weight and fast absorbing lotion 
  • Great for daytime or night time 
  • Contains some organic certified ingredients 
  • No animal testing or animal by-products. 
  • Mineral oil, paraben and Cruelty-free 
Cons:
  • Does not have SPF 
  • Not fragrance free 
  • The fragrance smell is a bit strong. I can smell it throughout the day. It would be better if it was toned down a bit or without the fragrance. You might feel a bit queasy from smelling it. 
  • Artificially fragrance. Would be better if they use natural essential oils. 
Ingredients:
Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (I), Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride Dimethicone, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (I), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract (I), Bisabolol Calciu Ascorbate (Ester C*), Carbomer Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hyaluronate, Stearyl Alcohol Thioctic Acid, Sorbitol, Benzyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance. (Parfum).
(I) Certified Organic Ingredient

Comments

  1. soooo......yes, I am crazy for commenting on a product that has not been around for years. but I had one last bottle of this stuff that I found hidden away. It is the ONLY thing I have found that works on the dry area between my eyes and directly above my nose up into my forehead. so freaking annoying! I get dry flaky itchy skin there. its not terribly noticeable most of the time but I notice it and it makes me nuts. What is so surprising is that nothing else seems to work. sigh.......I know this was made for TJ's by a company that sells its own version and I remember reading about it years ago but I can't remember. sigh....anyway, hope you were entertained about a nut job posting on a 6 year old post lol. : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Josie Maran argan oil vs Acure argan oil

Everyday Minerals Base Foundation

Everyday Minerals Try Me Foundation Kit Medium