Skip to main content

Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Lotion


Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Lotion with Frankincense & Myrrh

Historical references to shea butter, a staple of African pharmacology, date back to the reported shea butter caravans of Cleopatra's Egypt. Frankincense, known for its toning and anti-aging properties, also has aromatherapeutic benefits, promoting mental strength. Myrrh, a superior cosmetic ingredient in ancient remedies, can be dated to an Ebers papyrus (circa 1580 BC) recipe for a facial mask.

Anti-aging, Hydrating and rejuvenating

No parabens, phthalates, paraffin, formaldehyde, propylene glycol, mineral oil, synthetic fragrance, animal testing, PABA, synthetic color, DEA or animal ingredients

I been wanting to review this product and company for a really long time. I'm so glad I discovered this company at Target. I bet I passed by their product and never realized it on their shelves. This lotion is super thick and creamy for the body and a great cream moisturizer for the face. I tried this on my face one night and the next morning my face felt so soft and smooth. I highly recommend this for dry skin or for winter skin. I'm not really fond of the scent, but it's bearable. I'm going to try their baby lotion and hibiscus lotion next. They're all super creamy and thick. You really get your money's worth. I'll pick this over any other drugstore moisturizer that contains mineral oil and synthetic ingredients.

Pros:

  • Thick and creamy texture like cupcake frosting.
  • Ultra moisturizing and skin softening
  • Absorbs into the skin easily
  • Works well on the body and for the face
  • Cruelty free and fair traded ingredients
  • Didn't break me out on my face (Always test a small area first to see if you have any reaction to the product)
Cons:
  • Poor packaging for the product. The product is too thick to dispense. I put mines in a glass jar. It's a pain trying to squeeze the product out everytime. 
  • Has a heavy Myrrh and Frankincense scent which may not be a scent everybody likes
Price: Under $15. for 13 fl oz/384ml
Available at certain Target and Walgreens

Ingredients
Raw Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) , Deionized Water , Stearyl Alcohol (Palm Kernel) , Vegetable Emulsifying Wax , Ricinus Communis Seed Oil (Castor) , Mangifera Indica Seed Butter (Mango) , Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Cocoa) , Vegetable Glycerin , Jojoba Oil , Essential Oil Blend , Soy Milk , Tocopherol (Vitamin E) , Extracts of Frankincense and Myrrh , Allantoin (Comfrey Root Extract) , Lonicera Caprifolium Flower and Lonicera Japonica Flower Extract (Honeysuckle and Japanese Honeysuckle)

Comments

  1. Nice post. I read total Post. It’s really nice. Thank you for sharing.........


    East African Shea Butter

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Josie Maran argan oil vs Acure argan oil

Everyday Minerals Base Foundation

Everyday Minerals Try Me Foundation Kit Medium