Bliss Triple Oxygen + C Energizing Cream Review
Bliss Triple Oxygen + C Energizing Cream Review
Editor’s note: This is a historical review of the original Bliss Triple Oxygen + C Energizing Cream. The product appears to have been discontinued, and its formula, price, packaging, and availability may no longer reflect Bliss’s current skincare line.
Bliss marketed the Triple Oxygen + C Energizing Cream as a lightweight gel-cream intended to make dull skin appear brighter, fresher, and more hydrated.
The formula included a vitamin C derivative and the brand’s “Triple Oxygen” technology. It cost approximately $54 for a 1.7-ounce jar when I purchased it.
I was interested in the product because I wanted a lightweight moisturizer that could add a subtle glow without feeling heavy on my combination skin.
Texture and application
The cream had a light gel-like texture that spread easily over my skin.
It absorbed quickly and did not leave a thick, greasy, or oily residue. That made it comfortable to use during the day and beneath makeup.
The packaging instructed users to massage the cream into the skin for approximately 30 seconds. I followed that technique, although I could not determine whether the massage “activated” the product’s oxygen technology or simply helped distribute the cream evenly.
Finish
The moisturizer left my skin with a slight dewy glow.
The effect was subtle rather than dramatic. My complexion appeared a little fresher and smoother immediately after application, but I did not experience the dramatic revitalizing result suggested by the original marketing description.
While using the cream, I noticed some improvement in the appearance of my skin’s texture. However, I could not determine whether that came from the vitamin C derivative, the moisturizing ingredients, or the temporary smoothing effect of the gel-cream itself.
Moisturizing performance
The cream worked best for me when my skin was combination or slightly oily.
It provided enough moisture for warmer weather, when my skin did not need a rich cream. The lightweight finish also made it easy to layer beneath sunscreen and makeup.
During winter and early spring, however, my skin became extremely dry. This moisturizer was not rich enough to relieve the tightness and dry patches I experienced during those seasons.
I could have layered another moisturizer over it, but at its original price, I wanted it to perform well enough on its own.
The “oxygen” claims
I did not notice any effect that I could specifically identify as oxygen being delivered to my skin.
A person would not necessarily feel oxygen being released, so the absence of a sensation does not prove that nothing was occurring. However, I also did not observe a distinctive result that separated the “Triple Oxygen” technology from the effects I might expect from an ordinary lightweight moisturizer.
The product gave me a mild cosmetic glow, but the oxygen-related claims did not influence my final opinion of its performance.
Vitamin C
The inclusion of a vitamin C derivative was one of the more appealing parts of the formula.
My skin looked slightly brighter while I was using the moisturizer, but the changes were gradual and subtle. I did not see enough improvement to justify purchasing the product specifically as a vitamin C treatment.
For someone primarily interested in the potential brightening and antioxidant benefits of vitamin C, a dedicated serum may offer a more targeted approach. However, the performance of any vitamin C product depends on its complete formula, concentration, stability, packaging, and compatibility with the user’s skin.
Scent and sensitivity
The cream had a light citrus scent.
I found it pleasant and not especially overpowering. The fragrance became less noticeable after the product absorbed.
I did not experience irritation while testing it. However, the fact that it worked for my skin does not mean that it will be nonirritating for everyone. People who avoid fragranced facial skincare may not enjoy this formula.
What I liked
Lightweight gel-cream texture
Absorbed quickly
Did not leave a greasy finish
Produced a subtle dewy glow
Comfortable beneath makeup
Worked well when my skin was more balanced or combination
Did not irritate my skin during testing
Light citrus scent
What did not work for me
Expensive for a 1.7-ounce moisturizer
Not moisturizing enough for winter or very dry skin
Longer-term brightening results were subtle
I could not identify a meaningful benefit from the oxygen-related claims
Contained fragrance
Did not perform well enough to justify its original price
Final thoughts
The Bliss Triple Oxygen + C Energizing Cream was a pleasant lightweight moisturizer, but it did not provide enough value for me to repurchase it.
I liked its quick absorption, gel-cream texture, and subtle dewy finish. It performed best during summer, when my skin was less dry and I wanted something light beneath makeup.
During winter and spring, it was not moisturizing enough. The brightening effect was also too subtle for me to consider it a replacement for a dedicated vitamin C treatment.
At approximately $54, I expected either more substantial hydration or more noticeable skincare results. Since I mainly experienced the benefits of a comfortable lightweight moisturizer, I felt that less expensive products could serve the same purpose.
I would have recommended it most strongly to someone with combination skin who enjoys lightweight, fragranced gel creams and wants a subtle glow. Someone with very dry skin or someone seeking a targeted vitamin C product would probably have found it less satisfying.

Comments
Post a Comment