Skip to main content

Mineral powder makeup brushes


From left to right:
1. Sephora classic mineral powder brush #45, $26
2. Sephora pro bronzer brush #48, $35
3. Everyday Minerals long handle kabuki brush, $12
4. Everyday Minerals flat top brush, $12
5. Too Faced retractable kabuki brush, $32
6. Bare Escentuals buff & go retractable face brush $22

This is my brush collection I purchased over the years for mineral powder application. I've searched for many brushes for mineral application. I'll review my personal favorites and which ones worked best for me.

My personal favorites are Everyday Minerals mineral brushes and the Too Faced retractable kabuki. These are the softest out of all of them. In my opinion, I find synthetic brushes works best for buffing mineral or powder makeup. I tried Bare Escentuals brushes and I just couldn't use it because the goat hair is super harsh and irritating to my skin. They seem to make the worst brushes. The Sephora bronzer brush is also made of goat hair but it's way softer and it stays soft if you just wash it with shampoo. It works well for buffing in a quick layer of powder since it is so dense. I feel that a lot of product can be picked up or it may lose some product in the dense bristles. For a medium to full coverage, the Sephora and Everyday Minerals kabuki brush works really well. The flat top kabuki brush gives a fuller coverage. It does pick up a bit more product with the dense bristles. Synthetic brushes takes longer to dry after washing them.

Travel Friendly brushes:
The Too Faced and BE retractable brush are great for traveling and on the go. The BE brush is dense, but small like the Sephora mineral brush. It gets small areas at a time. The quality of the retractable mechanism is poorly made. I will not repurchase this. My favorite of all is the Too Faced synthetic brush. It is fluffy and the softest brush. It's a great brush for people with sensitive skin. It gives an airbrushed finish to my skin and you wouldn't want to stop buffing it around your face. It's the most expensive brush out of all of them, but the quality of the bristles are well worth it. You just need extra care to cleaning and maintaining the brush. Just make sure not to let water damage the inside. You'll need to dry the brush on a tilt.

Price wise I think Everyday Minerals brushes are really affordable considering the quality of the brush. It seems to be durable since it's made out of bamboo handle. It's great for someone who wants to start off in makeup or even add to your collection.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Josie Maran argan oil vs Acure argan oil

Everyday Minerals Base Foundation

Everyday Minerals Try Me Foundation Kit Medium