Josie Maran's Argan Oil Infused Travel Essentials Review

Moroccan Getaway Travel Case - Argan Oil Infused Travel Essentials
- 2 oz Argan Cleansing Oil for Body
- 0.5 oz Argan Oil Hair Serum
- 0.5 oz 100% Pure Argan Oil
- 0.5 oz Argan Daily Moisturizer
- 0.5 oz Argan Cleansing Oil for Face
- 2 oz Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter in Sweet Citrus
Editor’s note: This is a historical review of a Josie Maran travel set I purchased since 2011. The exact kit may have been discontinued, and the formulas, sizes, packaging, prices, and availability of the individual products may have changed.
Disclosure: I purchased this set myself.
I became interested in Josie Maran’s argan oil after reading about the brand and wanted an affordable way to test several products before purchasing full sizes.
This travel-sized set gave me the opportunity to try the brand’s argan oil, body cleansing oil, moisturizer, hair serum, body lotion, and several other products from the line.
I was especially interested in the set during winter, when my face and body tended to feel drier.
My experience with the argan oil
The pure argan oil was one of the products I most wanted to try.
I usually applied only one or two drops. Instead of placing the oil directly onto my face, I warmed it between my palms and gently pressed it over my moisturizer.
Using this small amount made the oil feel lighter and easier to distribute. When I applied too much, it felt noticeably heavier and remained on the surface of my skin longer.
The argan oil felt lighter on my skin than the jojoba oil I had previously used. I did not notice new blemishes while using it sparingly, although individual reactions to facial oils can vary.
I also used small amounts on my cuticles, nails, lips, and other areas that felt dry. I occasionally pressed a trace amount around the outer orbital area, taking care to avoid getting the oil into my eyes.
Argan body cleansing oil
The body cleansing oil was my favorite product in the set.
I was impressed by how comfortable it felt on my dry body skin. I applied it before standing directly beneath the shower water and massaged it over my skin.
When I gradually added water, the oil emulsified and developed a light, milky texture. I then rinsed it away.
My skin felt softer and less stripped afterward than it did with some traditional body cleansers. This was especially appealing during colder weather, when my arms and legs felt dry.
The cleansing oil was not a treatment for a skin condition, but I enjoyed it as a gentler-feeling body cleanser.
Daily moisturizer
The daily moisturizer had a lightweight texture and a citrus-like scent.
Although the formula did not feel heavy, I initially found it somewhat difficult to spread evenly. It applied more comfortably when I warmed a small amount between my hands before pressing it onto my face.
I would have preferred a formula that spread more easily straight from the container, but I liked the lightweight finish once it had settled.
Hair serum
The hair serum made the dry ends of my hair feel softer and smoother.
However, the texture felt somewhat sticky or gooey, and it was easy for me to apply too much. Because of that, I preferred using a very small amount of plain argan oil on my ends.
Someone with especially dry, coarse, or processed hair might appreciate the richer serum texture more than I did.
Body lotion
The body lotion felt lighter than I expected.
Its texture looked thick when dispensed, but it spread into a relatively lightweight layer. I expected more richness from an argan-oil body product, particularly for winter use.
It was comfortable for everyday application, but I would have preferred a heavier cream for the driest areas of my body.
Packaging problem
The argan-oil bottle in my set leaked inside the packaging before I began using it.
Unfortunately, it continued leaking after each use and left oil on my dresser. I eventually transferred the remaining oil into a clean, completely dry bottle with a tightly sealing cap.
Because of this experience, I would not have packed the original bottle in my luggage. Anyone traveling with a facial oil should make sure the cap is secure and place the bottle inside a sealed plastic pouch.
I do not know whether my bottle was defective or whether the packaging commonly leaked.
What I liked
The set allowed me to test several products without buying full sizes.
The pure argan oil felt lighter than several oils I had tried previously.
One or two drops were enough for my face.
The body cleansing oil left my skin feeling soft and comfortable.
The hair serum softened my dry ends.
The products were convenient sizes for sampling or travel.
The daily moisturizer felt lightweight after application.
What did not work for me
The argan-oil bottle leaked repeatedly.
The hair serum felt stickier than I preferred.
The body lotion was lighter than I expected for winter.
The daily moisturizer required extra effort to spread evenly.
Some of the products felt heavy when I applied too much.
Best product in the set
The body cleansing oil was the standout product for me.
I liked the way it transformed into a milky cleanser when water was added, and it left my skin feeling less dry after showering. It was the product from the set that felt most distinctive compared with items I already owned.
The pure argan oil was also useful because it could be applied in small amounts to several dry areas.
Final thoughts
Overall, the set was a practical way to explore the Josie Maran line before deciding whether to purchase any full-size products.
My favorites were the body cleansing oil and pure argan oil. The daily moisturizer was pleasant but not especially easy to spread, while the body lotion was lighter than I wanted for cold weather. The hair serum softened my ends, but I preferred the texture and simplicity of using a small amount of argan oil instead.
The leaking bottle was the biggest disappointment and made the oil unsuitable for travel in its original packaging.
I would have recommended this type of set to someone curious about the brand who did not want to commit to several full-size products. However, I would evaluate each product separately rather than assume that every formula containing argan oil will be equally moisturizing or compatible with every skin type.

Comments
Post a Comment