Skip to main content

Laura Mercier Mineral Powder SPF 15



Description from Sephora: A finely milled powder composed completely of natural elements with 15 active amino acids.

What it is formulated to do: Helps clear the skin of toxins, promotes healthy skin cell growth, and fights the aging process. Oil-free and water-resistant, it can be applied either as a buildable foundation or a pigmented powder.

Natural Beige (peach beige/ for fair to medium skin tones) 

After searching for a better mineral foundation over the years, I have settled to Laura Mercier. Although, I do like the Bare Escentuals Matte for the bismuth free formula. I prefer to have a bit of a glow to my skin which Laura Mercier provides. For some reason, the bismuth oxychloride in LM mineral powder does not irritate my skin like BE original glow formula does. I sweat with LM on my face and it does not even make my skin itch. I do get mild oiliness mid-day, but not a big deal as it holds up fairly well. Sometimes it seem to make my skin look dewy as the day goes by. The jar is quite big compared to BE, but it's travel friendly with a closable sifter. I use it by itself, over bb cream, tinted moisturizer, or liquid foundation. It contains pearl powder which have many beneficial skin enhancing properties and it also help give that glow to my face.

Coverage: Sheer to medium.

Pros:
  • Closable sifter 
  • Contains SPF 15 
  • Natural radiant glow 
  • Great price for a large jar 
  • Does not oxidize on my skin 
  • Buffs effortlessly and flawlessly on the skin 
  • Good to use over tinted moisturizer or foundation as a setting powder 
  • Contains pearl powder which have skin enhancing benefits 
Cons:
  • Only 8 shades available 
  • Shades fit only fair to medium to tan skin 
  • Contains bismuth oxychloride 
  • Some oil break through (Could be fix with a mineral veil or finishing powder) 
Size: 0.34 oz Price: $35

All shades contain:
Active Ingredient - Zinc Oxide. Ingredient: Pearl Powder. May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Josie Maran argan oil vs Acure argan oil

Everyday Minerals Base Foundation

Everyday Minerals Try Me Foundation Kit Medium