Missha Cover BB Balm Pact SPF 50+ No.23 Natural Beige Review



MISSHA M Cover BB Balm Pact Review: Pale Shade and Cream-to-Powder Finish

Editor’s note: This is a historical review of the MISSHA M Cover BB Balm Pact SPF 50+ PA+++. The product, shades, formula, price, and availability may have changed since I originally purchased it.

I first learned about this BB balm while shopping at a MISSHA store in Hong Kong.

I initially bought the MISSHA M Signature Real Complete liquid BB Cream because I had never tried the brand before and thought the bottle would last longer. The sales associate also showed me this cream-to-powder BB balm in a compact and recommended both products for my skin.

She told me that the BB cream could moisturize my complexion, make it appear brighter, and help improve the look of my post-acne marks. I now consider those sales claims rather than guaranteed skincare results.

I later found the balm pact on the MISSHA U.S. website and purchased it during a sale.

Product format

The M Cover BB Balm came in a large decorative compact with a separate compartment for the included sponge.

The product had a solid cream texture that transformed into a more powder-like finish as I blended it over my skin. It was convenient and less likely to spill than liquid BB cream.

The compact was wider than my MAC compacts and my Smashbox HALO powder. Although the packaging was attractive, it took up considerable space in my makeup bag.

Texture and application

The balm had a smooth, creamy texture when I first picked it up with the sponge.

It felt lightweight when I applied a thin layer, but it became heavy and cakey when I tried to build more coverage. I received the best result when I used very little product and patted it onto my skin rather than rubbing it.

The cream-to-powder finish initially felt silky, but it did not blend smoothly over all areas of my complexion. It tended to collect around dry patches and fine lines.

Because of that, careful skin preparation and a light application were essential.

Coverage

The BB balm gave me light-to-medium coverage.

It helped even out minor discoloration, but it did not fully conceal blemishes or post-acne marks. Adding more product did not improve the coverage enough to justify the heavier finish.

I preferred using concealer only where needed instead of continuing to layer the balm.

Shade match

I purchased the shade No. 23.

Despite the number and beige description, the color looked very pale on my complexion. It was lighter than the No. 23 shade in the liquid MISSHA BB cream I owned.

The difference showed me that identical shade numbers do not necessarily match across formulas.

The balm remained too light for me even during winter. It made my overall complexion look washed out rather than naturally brighter.

Before republishing this article, I would verify the exact shade name printed on the compact. Historical MISSHA formulas used several different names for shades No. 21 and No. 23.

Finish

The product created a mostly matte, cream-to-powder finish.

Despite the matte appearance, my skin still developed some shine during the day. It did not provide enough oil control to remain fresh from morning through evening.

At the same time, the powdery finish emphasized dry patches and fine lines. This combination made the product difficult to recommend specifically for either dry or oily skin.

It simply did not balance well with my complexion.

Wear

The balm did not last all day on me.

It required touch-ups as the finish became uneven and shiny. Areas around fine lines and dry patches also became more noticeable as the day progressed.

Applying a thicker layer made the wear problems worse, so I kept the application as light as possible.

Fragrance

The BB balm had a noticeable fragrance.

The scent was stronger than I preferred for a facial makeup product and remained noticeable during application. Someone who avoids fragranced complexion products may not enjoy it.

I did not experience immediate irritation, but fragrance tolerance varies.

SPF 50+ PA+++

I appreciated that the compact was labeled SPF 50+ PA+++.

However, I would not now depend on a thin layer of BB balm as my only sunscreen. Applying enough makeup to achieve the amount used in sunscreen testing would likely create a much heavier finish than I normally wear.

I would apply a separate sunscreen underneath and treat the SPF in the balm as supplemental protection.

Skincare claims

The product was promoted with ingredients such as collagen, caviar, squalane, and moringa oil.

I cannot determine whether those ingredients provided meaningful long-term skincare benefits. My review is based on the balm’s coverage, texture, comfort, and visible finish—not on claims that it repaired, nourished, or transformed my skin.

It did not visibly fade my post-acne marks during the period I used it.

Using the pale shade

Because the shade was too light for my entire face, I occasionally applied a very small amount to the tops of my cheekbones as a brightening makeup product.

It added pale coverage rather than shimmer, so I would not describe it as a traditional highlighter.

I would not use it as an eyelid primer. It was a fragranced face product, and its creamy texture tended to settle into lines.

Website information

When I originally purchased the product, I found that the U.S. MISSHA website did not provide as much product and ingredient information as I wanted.

This made it difficult to compare formulas before ordering online. Because the brand’s website and product pages may have changed, readers should check the current listing and package rather than relying on this historical review.

What I liked

  • Smooth cream texture

  • Convenient cream-to-powder format

  • Attractive compact

  • Separate compartment for the sponge

  • Lightweight when applied very thinly

  • Helped even out minor discoloration

  • High historical SPF label

  • Easy to carry without the risk of liquid spilling

What did not work for me

  • No. 23 was too pale for my complexion

  • Limited historical shade selection

  • Accentuated fine lines

  • Emphasized dry patches

  • Became cakey when layered

  • Developed shine during the day

  • Required touch-ups

  • Strong fragrance

  • Compact was bulky

  • Did not provide enough coverage for post-acne marks

  • Did not perform well enough to justify the original price

Price and size

The compact contained approximately 20 grams and cost $29.99 when I purchased it.

The price seemed reasonable for the amount and elaborate packaging, but the poor shade match meant that I could not use most of the product as intended.

Final thoughts

Despite its beautiful packaging and appealing cream-to-powder texture, the MISSHA M Cover BB Balm did not work well for me.

The shade was too pale, the finish emphasized dry patches and fine lines, and the product still became shiny during the day. Applying more for additional coverage only made it look cakey.

I liked the convenient compact and the way the balm felt during the initial application, but the finished makeup did not look natural on my skin.

I would not have repurchased it. A broader shade range and a more flexible finish might have made the product more successful for me.




Comments

  1. Hi there!! Do you know if this BB Cream have parabens? I don't know about it and Missha didn't reply to my emails :( Thanks! Gloria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I didn't keep my packaging this time to post the ingredients, but I believe it does have parabens since some of their makeup and skincare products have parabens. Their liquid BB creams have parabens. I know Missha is not really good at providing information to their customers. Hope this helps.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts