Skip to main content

Facial spray refreshers for summer

Summer is here and facial sprays are very refreshing after long exposure in the heat and sun. It helps hydrate the skin in dry hot weather. It can help restore the natural pH balance to you skin. Its' a great way to keep cool and also set your makeup. 


I use some of these prior to my makeup application. Sometimes I use right after moisturizing. Spray onto face and lightly pat it dry with my hands.When setting your makeup don't spray too much and make it too wet. It might smear your makeup.


Here are the ones that I use from left to right.
1. The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist


2.Evian Mineral Water Facial Spray


3.Thayers Alcohol-free Original Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera Formula


4.MAC Fix+ Skin Refresher / Finishing Mist 


5.H2O Plus Oasis Mist

The more moisturizing ones are The Body Shop and H2O. Evian is just plain mineral water and it works well when I spritz some on my foundation brush and just stipple it all over my face to set my makeup. It's also very cooling to use in the heat. I LOVE my MAC fix + Rose which I got a while ago and I'm sad they don't sell that in their permanent line. It smells good and it helps set my makeup as well. Regular Fix+ would work also.


Thayers witch hazel with aloe is a great and cheap alternative refresher spray with natural ingredients. It's an alcohol free toner so it does not dry your skin out and give some moisture to your skin. This is what I do. Fill a small spray bottle with some Thayers alcohol free toner. This is optional since Thayer already have glycerin in it. Add a few drops of glycerin to the bottle. It will help boost the moisture on your skin. Glycerin is a humectant and it can draw more moisture. Witch hazel can help tighten pores. I love using natural products. My grandma uses glycerin on her face and she's in her 80's still looking very young and not that many wrinkles. You may also make your own with just glycerin and water which is seen on many videos on YouTube.

FYI, The Body Shop and H2o both have parabens in their ingredients. Lately I been looking at a lot of labels and I didn't realize how many of the products I own have it. After finishing up those product, I probably wouldn't repurchase. Just make your own with some natural ingredients. 


Tips: Bring a small mini bottle of your favorite refresher spray in your purse. Use it anytime your skin feels dry or hot from the heat. Feel gross out from all the sweat and makeup. Spray your face and use a clean tissue to pat the excess water off. It takes off some of the sweat and dirt off your skin before retouching your makeup. Enjoy the summer beauties. Stay Cool and Don't forget to put some SPF on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Josie Maran argan oil vs Acure argan oil

Everyday Minerals Base Foundation

Everyday Minerals Try Me Foundation Kit Medium