Skip to main content

Bare Escentuals Prime Time oil control foundation primer


Description from Sephora:
An oil-free foundation primer for a shine-free complexion.

What it does:
Bare Escentuals Prime Time Oil Control is a water-based primer developed for oily, sensitive, or problem-prone skin to instantly smooth the complexion prior to bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation. The oil-, fragrance-, and silicone-free formula is clinically proven to control shine throughout the day, as well as to regulate oil and refine pores with minerals and natural plant extracts. The lightweight primer glides on seamlessly-leaving the skin matte, refreshed, and ready for foundation.


Pros:
  • Silicone, oil, and fragrance free 
  • Matte finish and oil absorbing due to the cornstarch 
  • Dries quickly on skin compared to silicone based primers 
  • Did not break me out 
  • Did not irritate my sensitive and acne prone skin 
  • Good for hot weather or summer 
  • Good for combination or oily skin 

Cons:
  • Gluey texture 
  • Does not smooth or refine pores 
  • Makes my foundation cakey. I look better without this product. 
  • Flakey when spreading or rubbing onto face. It flakes some more when I buff mineral on my face. 
  • Does not spread well. Must lightly spread and pat around to work with the product. 
  • It flakes, clumps, and peels all over my skin (I have to rub some off before applying my mineral foundation and it continues to do that throughout the day if you rub or touch your face) 
  • Makes my skin look very dry and accentuates dry patches 
  • Has a weird chemical?? smell to it Size: 1 oz. same size as Smashbox full size primer just the bottle look smaller. 
Price: $21

This is the worse primer I ever used. I was disappointed at BE. I would not repurchase this again. I'll stick to Smashbox even though it has silicone.

Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Modified Corn Starch, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Zinc PCA, Sodium Levulinate, Sodium Anisate, Silica, Calcium Silicate, Sclerotium Gum, Citric Acid.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Josie Maran argan oil vs Acure argan oil

Everyday Minerals Base Foundation

Everyday Minerals Try Me Foundation Kit Medium