Sephora Airbrush Brush Set Review
Sephora Collection Advanced Airbrush Brush Set Review
Editor’s note: This review reflects the Sephora Collection Advanced Airbrush Set available when I originally purchased it. The set may have been discontinued or replaced, and current prices, brush numbers and designs may differ.
I purchased the Sephora Collection Advanced Airbrush Set primarily because I wanted the foundation brush. At the time, buying the five-piece set offered better value than purchasing the foundation brush separately.
The set included five synthetic brushes:
Airbrush Powder Brush
Airbrush Precision Foundation Brush
Airbrush Concealer Brush
Airbrush Crease Brush
Airbrush Shadow Brush
It also came with a zippered travel case.
Airbrush Powder Brush
The powder brush worked best for applying a light layer of loose or setting powder.
It was not my favorite brush in the set because the bristles felt too soft and sparse for my preferences. I generally prefer a denser brush when I want more controlled powder application.
However, it worked well for lightly dusting powder over the face without applying too much product.
Airbrush Precision Foundation Brush
This was my favorite brush in the set.
The short, dense bristles blended liquid foundation quickly and helped me create a smoother, more even-looking finish. Its rounded shape made it easier to buff foundation around the nose, cheeks and areas where my pores were more noticeable.
I sometimes lightly dampened the clean brush before applying foundation. On my skin, this helped the foundation spread more smoothly and reduced the appearance of heaviness. This technique may not work with every foundation formula, so I would begin with a nearly dry brush rather than a wet one.
Unlike traditional flat foundation brushes, this brush had a fuller, rounded head. It reminded me of a small blush brush with shorter and denser bristles.
I also used it to apply cream or liquid blush. The size worked well for blending color over the cheeks without covering too large an area.
Airbrush Concealer Brush
The concealer brush performed better for me with liquid concealer than with thicker cream formulas.
When I used it with cream concealer, blending took longer than I preferred. With liquid concealer, I could lightly stipple the product over my under-eye area and then soften the edges.
The brush could also be used to apply a cream eyeshadow base or a light wash of color over the eyelid.
Airbrush Crease Brush
I mainly kept this brush as a spare for light blending and cleanup.
The bristles were softer and more flexible than I prefer for detailed crease work. For stronger blending, I preferred my MAC blending brush.
However, the Sephora crease brush worked well for applying a soft wash of color across the eyelid or lightly diffusing the edges of eyeshadow.
Airbrush Shadow Brush
Although this was designed as an eyeshadow brush, I often used it for concealer.
It picked up cream products well and helped blend concealer over small blemishes and the under-eye area. I also used it with loose powder to set concealer in targeted areas.
Its compact shape made it useful for both eye makeup and small areas of the face.
Versatility
One of the strongest features of this set was its versatility.
The foundation brush could also be used for blush. The concealer brush worked for cream eyeshadow or primer. The shadow and crease brushes could be used for targeted concealer application or powder.
Because the brushes had synthetic bristles, I was able to use them with powder, cream and liquid products. However, the final result depended on the product, application technique and amount used rather than the brush fibers alone.
Price and value
The set cost $65 when I purchased it.
At five brushes, that worked out to approximately $13 per brush. Since I already wanted the foundation brush, purchasing the complete set felt like a reasonable value.
The set was especially useful for someone building a basic brush collection because it covered complexion, concealer and eye makeup. However, someone who already owned several brushes might not need every piece.
Final thoughts
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
The Airbrush Precision Foundation Brush was the standout item and the main reason I enjoyed the set. It blended liquid foundation efficiently and also worked well for blush.
The concealer and shadow brushes were useful because they could handle several different products. The powder brush felt too sparse for my preferences, and the crease brush was softer than I wanted for precise blending.
Overall, this was a practical starter set with several multipurpose brushes. I would have rated it higher if the powder and crease brushes had been slightly denser.

Comments
Post a Comment