Make Up Forever 5 Camouflage Cream Palette - No. 1 Review

No. 1 Concealer Palette Review and Swatches
Product Overview
According to the product description, this professional-style concealer palette is designed to help correct dark circles, redness, discoloration, scars, and uneven skin tone. The No. 1 palette is recommended for fair to light complexions and includes several skin-tone shades along with green and salmon color correctors.
No. 1 Palette Swatches
One of the things I like most about this palette is the variety of shades. Having several colors in one compact makes it easier to customize the concealer by using each shade separately or mixing them together.
I have a light-medium skin tone, and the middle shade is the closest match for me. It provides enough coverage for small scars and areas of discoloration without feeling overly heavy when I apply a thin layer.
The green corrector is useful for neutralizing the appearance of redness around blemishes and irritated areas. For my under-eye area, I prefer the salmon-toned corrector next to the green shade because it helps brighten and balance darker discoloration.
The formula has a creamy texture and can be applied with clean fingers or a concealer brush. I get the best results with a small synthetic brush. I usually place a small amount of product over the area I want to conceal and then gently blend the edges with my fingertip.
Because the formula offers substantial coverage, it can look cakey when too much is applied. Starting with a very small amount and building the coverage gradually gives me a smoother, more natural-looking finish.
The first two shades are too pale for my complexion, but they may work better for someone with a fair to light skin tone. Although I cannot use every shade individually, the lighter colors can still be mixed with the deeper shades to create a more customized match.
Pros
Creamy and easy to blend
Provides buildable coverage
Includes both concealing and color-correcting shades
Shades can be mixed for a customized match
Compact and convenient for travel
Helpful for someone learning how to use color correctors
Works well with a small synthetic brush
Cons
Can look cakey if too much is applied
Not every shade will work for every complexion
The palette may feel expensive if you only use two or three colors
Some shoppers may prefer a formula without mineral oil, talc, parabens, or BHT'
Final Thoughts
This palette is a versatile option for anyone who wants several concealing and correcting shades in one compact. I especially like using the green shade for redness, the salmon shade under my eyes, and the middle skin-tone shade over scars and discoloration.
Although only three of the five colors work well for me on their own, I can mix the shades to adjust the color when needed. The creamy formula is easy to work with, but a light hand is important. For the most natural result, I recommend applying a small amount, blending thoroughly, and adding more only where additional coverage is needed.
Overall, this is a useful concealer palette for targeted correction and fuller coverage, especially for those who enjoy customizing their base makeup.
Price at the time of purchase: $36
Prices, packaging, shades, and ingredients may change. Check the brand or authorized retailer for the most current information.
Ingredients Listed for No. 1
Talc, Beeswax, Mineral Oil, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Ozokerite, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Propylparaben, BHT.
May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Blue 1 Lake.
Ingredient lists can change over time. Always review the packaging if you have known sensitivities or ingredient preferences.


Comments
Post a Comment