Skip to main content

L'Oreal Scrublet and Daiso Cleansing Pad



Description from L'Oreal:
Scrublet, a super-soft, flexible cleansing disc that applies the collections cleansers with 500 extra-supple touch points that gently glide across the skin, activating the cleanser formulas on contact, creating a hi-foaming lather. This rich lather goes very deep into pores, unclogging them, and gently removing traces of dirt, oil and makeup in every last pore, crease and crevice.

Price: $6.99 with cleanser

Daiso Cleansing Pad (Price: $1.50)
This one works the same as L'Oreal, The pointed teardrop design fits the form of the nose. Made of silicone rubber. The Daiso one isn't as soft as the silicone on L'oreal. It's firmer and it is made of mini round dots on the cleansing pad which is quite gentle. However, the back is hard to grip between my fingers since it's so small. It can easily slip off my hands when I have face cleanser on it.

Warning from the Daiso cleansing pad: 
Discontinue use if your skin is sensitive, weak, sun burned, injured, itchy, or irritated.

Where to purchase?? Daiso Store. If you live in the SF Bay Area. They have Daiso in Japan Town, On Market St. near Embarcadero, Serramonte, Daly City, Alameda, Union City, and Fremont. You may also check out their site here for other locations.

My thoughts:
I think it's a genius tool for our skin. It's reusable and more hygienic than facial brushes. It's easy to disinfect with some soap and alcohol. You don't have to replace it until it starts to break. So far I kept mines in great shape. 


Although, I don't think it should be used everyday or too often. Like the Clarisonic brush, it's a tool that shouldn't be used too much, you may damage and irritate the skin by over scrubbing even with the most delicate brush head. It's a good deep cleansing tool that can be used at night when you have heavy makeup or just to clean all the dirt and oil off. Treat it like an exfoliating scrub. Use it every other day or a few times a week depending on the need of your skin. You don't want to clean out all the oils in your skin and dry it out. You still need some oil to balance your skin's natural moisture. I don't have super sensitive skin, but my skin does feel sensitive and irritated if I use the scrublet daily and the same goes to my Clairisonic. I only use it at night to deep cleanse my pores from makeup, dirt, and oil. I keep the L'Oreal one in my shower since the suction on the back of the scrublet can stick to the tile. When the pores from the skin opens up in the shower, it can really deep cleanse your skin. You don't have to use it for all over the face. Concentrate on problem areas like the nose where you have blackheads and whiteheads. Don't use this over your pimples as it might aggravate them.

I got a pair of these for easy use. One on each hand so I can scrub them together to foam up my cleanser and scrub my face in light circular motions. Sorry I didn't review the cleanser that came with the L'Oreal scrublet since I don't really think it's that great. It feels drying to my skin. I only purchased it for the scrublet. I wished I could just buy the scrublet by itself. Sephora actually carries one that is pretty much the same as the L'Oreal one. It's called SEPHORA Precision Pore Cleansing Pad ($5). A bit pricey for a little silicone pad in my opinion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Josie Maran argan oil vs Acure argan oil

Everyday Minerals Base Foundation

Everyday Minerals Try Me Foundation Kit Medium